In the course of operating the ShowGizmo platform and associated applications, database and services, ShowGizmo Limited ("we", "our", "us") has access to our clients' ("you", "your") event information. We respect your privacy needs and the value of your show information to your business — maintaining privacy of this information is of paramount importance to us.
We do not share with third parties any information on any client or individual that is hosted on our servers, and we respect all information stored within ShowGizmo as being confidential.
ShowGizmo reserves the right to employ other companies or individuals to perform functions on its behalf. Examples include server provision, technical support, processing payments and providing customer service. ShowGizmo and its affiliates have access to information required to perform these functions, but may not use it for any other purpose or purposes.
COLLECTION AND USE OF EVENT INFORMATION
We warrant to:
- Keep all event information strictly confidential and not disclose it to any third party without your prior written consent.
- Only disclose event information to those of our officers, employees or contractors who need to, and who have been expressly directed to and have agreed to keep that information confidential.
- Put in place and maintain adequate security measures to protect event information from unauthorised access or use.
- Immediately notify you of any suspected or actual unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of your confidential information, and provide assistance as reasonably required by you in relation to any steps or proceedings you may take as a result.
- Only use confidential information for the purposes of performing our obligations under the Licence Agreement.
- Immediately notify you if you are required by law to disclose any confidential information and provide assistance as reasonably required by you if you wish to defend or resist that request.
We use and disclose information for the following purposes:
- Establishing and maintaining your deployment of ShowGizmo and associated services.
- Contacting you about your presence, your account or the services we provide to you.
- Arranging billing and payment, arranging credit checks and verifying your identity.
- Gauging customer satisfaction levels.
- Maintaining and optimising the technical performance, operation and security of ShowGizmo.
- Providing technical support and administration.
- Maintaining our records.
- Addressing feedback or complaints and resolving disputes.
- Notifying attendees who have downloaded the ShowGizmo Smartphone Applications of updates to the applications.
- Providing statistical data to others, including other Organisers, but only on an aggregated basis and in a way that ensures that no individual is able to be identified from such data.
DISCLOSING EVENT INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We will not sell your event information to direct marketers.
We will not use or disclose your event information to third parties, except to the extent reasonably necessary to achieve any of the purposes described above; or where we reasonably believe that such use or disclosure is required or expressly permitted under any applicable law.
We will not hold your event information for longer than is reasonably required for the purposes for which we may lawfully use that information.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CORRECT EVENT INFORMATION
Where we hold event information, you have a right to access or correct that event information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. On request from you at any time, we will immediately permanently delete all your event information stored within ShowGizmo.
For your further protection, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to effect and maintain adequate security measures to safeguard your event information stored in ShowGizmo from loss or unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. However, as the internet is an open network, we do not warrant or guarantee that your event information is safe from loss or unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, either during transmission to or from our website, or when held by us.
We will immediately notify you of any suspected or actual unauthorised use or disclosure of your event information, and provide assistance as reasonably required by you in relation to any steps or proceedings you may take as a result.
ShowGizmo takes the integrity and security of your information very seriously, and continually deploy and refine safeguards to ensure your data is protected. We have a track record of providing dependable, secure, and efficient event app services. The ShowGizmo service availability over the past 12 months has been 99.99%.
All website and data access (including via our mobile apps) is secured by 256-bit AES-CBC SSL encryption to protect against interception and unauthorized access to data streams. All traffic between you, your event attendees, and ShowGizmo is secure during transit.
Access to user data is protected by password authentication and role-based access control mechanisms. Access to user data is always protected by SSL encryption. ShowGizmo maintains an audit log which includes security events such as user logins and unauthorized access attempts.
THIRD PARTY ACCESS
We never allow third parties access to your data without your express consent.
Physical access our servers is protected by rigorous security procedures, including video surveillance, intrusion detection, and two-factor authentication. Physical access is strictly controlled, with visitors/contactors required to present identification and continually escorted by authorised staff, whose own access is routinely logged and audited.
Our service delivery network that holds user data is physically distinct from our office network. Our servers and access to them are constantly monitored by both ShowGizmo and service providers.
We have robust data protection systems in place to ensure service continuity. Our systems include:
- Warm standby infrastructure in a separate data center which can be used in the event of a major equipment failure at our primary location.
- Automated, nightly incremental backups for point-in-time recovery up to the last 5 minutes.
- Duplicated database across two AWS availability zones (independent failure zones), and
- Services deployed to at least two AWS availability zones (independent failure zones).
Our servers are located at Amazon Web Service's data center in Sydney, which are:
- Protected by fire detection and suppression equipment.
- Powered by fully redundant electrical power systems (with backup supply), and
- Are under climate and temperature control to maintain atmospheric conditions at optimal levels.
Decommissioned storage devices are degaussed and physically destroyed in accordance with industry-standard practices.
We may amend this Privacy and Security Policy from time to time.
Both parties acknowledge that ShowGizmo and its associated services are subject to New Zealand law and, in most cases, applicable international laws that apply to internet services and as these laws relate to your use of ShowGizmo in the running of events outside New Zealand.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.